[MOD][WIP] Stargate

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stargate

Postby darkstar076 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:50 pm

N3MES1S wrote:Thanks for the answer, and nice to "see" you darkstar xD.

Heheh, thanks - I am always here, lurking in the forums working on various things :)

Good luck the your drop box account - a long time ago my mediafire account was blocked because i had a file that had the term "Mod" & "Squad" in it. Some Studio had claimed it was one of their shows (the Mod Squad) and I had to wait for Media Fire to investigate the claims.
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:15 pm

Guys uploaded the Goauld. Enjoy!!! It looks that it was a false alarm about the dropbox issue.

Btw, i know this will be too much to ask (specially since the forums are empty) but if you guys find some really bad balance issues, please let me know.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Concept art - Work in progress (still a lot to do) -> Wraith Hive Ship

This ship is going to be massive. In theory, bigger than the Goa'uld Hat'ak. But due to the limitations of the game itself, and the ship scaling, it is not going to be bigger than the hat'ak, probably just a few inches, nothing more..
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Hive Ship. Almost done. Some concep art ->

AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:22 pm

N3MES1S wrote:Hive Ship. Almost done. Some concep art ->

I really like this ship. :)

One small suggestion: To make the ship a little less uniformly purple at a glance, you might take the darker gray spots and make them a lighter gray (unless it's a problem to blend it into the surrounding purple). Wraith ships always look more distinctly mottled to me (also a bit more blue than purple, but that may just be my perception).

(I did look at some images of Wraith ships taken from Atlantis to make sure I wasn't just nuts before posting. :) )

Very good work!
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:30 pm

Well, the thing is. I precisely did the hull that dark because the wraith ships you see in the show are all of em even darker.. i mean, the problem is, i will need to replace the whole texture because if, as you say, try to put more brightness into the black spots, the texture starts losing a lot of quality. The original texture was far lighter, but as i said i tried to keep the dark tone of the ships from the show. Besides, fiting the texture to the whole model was already a lot of work :) , and it was the texture that looked more "organic" from the ones i had. I will do some tests.

PD.: Also, what do you mean with "dark grey spots"? there is no grey anywhere.. :) about the uniformity of the texture, yeah, thats one problem i noticed in the beginning but in the end i adjusted it somehow and trust me it looked far worst in the beginning xD. The dark spots on the texture were not there originally, i made em. I could do something similar using another brush or something like that with a lighter tone.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Here is another render with a different variant of the texture (also i blued slighty the texture) ->

what da u think?

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Wip -> Wraith Cruiser

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Wraith Cruiser -> Almost done (the second image doesnt have turrets placed).

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Concept art. Work in progress -> Wraith Supply Ship

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:54 am

Concept art/in game - Supply Ship ->

Note-> I changed the turret bases as you can see in the images, it looks far better now in-game :)
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:31 pm

The little bit of lighter mottling really makes a difference. Adds a bit more organic feel to the image (to me, anyway). Plus it softens the purple somewhat (considering how many ships I've made in eye-stabbing purple, I can vouch that softening it is important ;) ).

I like the new turret mounts too. Excellent work!
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:36 pm

AcePalarum wrote:The little bit of lighter mottling really makes a difference. Adds a bit more organic feel to the image (to me, anyway). Plus it softens the purple somewhat (considering how many ships I've made in eye-stabbing purple, I can vouch that softening it is important ;) ).

I like the new turret mounts too. Excellent work!

Thanks, yup the hiveship looks far better now. I also made the texture smaller because the ship was so big that even at 2048 of resolution when you zoom in the lose of detail starts to be really noticeable. Besides the organic details were too big, compared with the other ships (and i realized that small detail looked better in em lol).

Also i noticed that you cant make hull parts too big and add too many effects in the txt file. Eventually it will not let you pass certain limit and the game will always crash with a particle error. Something i completely forgot since the last time i was modding 4 years ago lol. My head was about to explode, until i made another hull to spread the effects.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Wraith fleet completed with these 2, the Wraith Scout and the Dart, yup only 5 ships in total but its what the wraith got. Well, if you have any ideas for new ships, let ma now and maybe i can make em.

Now, whats left? details like race selection icons, 2 scenaries, the loadscreens and minor fixes. And testing, this will probably the thing that will take more time than anything else...
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:34 am

So, it turns out that the ecm shields doesnt seem to work as intended. I dont know what im missing. If i have a ecm shield with strenght = 90 and, someone fires at me a ecm beam with strenght= 82, doesnt suposse the shield to make the ship almost inmune to ecms???

Because in-game it really doesnt seem to work. What im missing?

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”