[MOD][WIP] Stargate

Welcome to the shipyards. Here you can discuss how to re-calibrate the positronic neutron flow to double power to the aft shields. Or you can discuss how to add new ships, new maps, new scenarios, new modules, etc. have fun!
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD] Stargate - Tau'ri (for now)

Postby N3MES1S » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:10 pm

dafrandle wrote:
N3MES1S wrote:Im afraid i dont understand. You mean GSB2?

yes

GSB2 is not supported anymore and it is not modeable.. its not worthy to "try" to do stuff for GSB2 (Sadly).
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stargate - Tau'ri (for now)

Postby N3MES1S » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 am

Uploaded probably the final version of the Tau'ri mod. Improved some things, added 3 weapons and some basic modules because now the mod will only use Tau'ri specific turrets. The size is bigger because i avoided to use compression in the dds files (too much detailed was missing).

Enjoy!. And now ican fully jump to the Goa'uld.
dafrandle
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby dafrandle » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:28 am

N3MES1S wrote:GSB2 is not supported anymore

wait

WHAT!

link to why please
having a job has allowed me to understand why Archduke Astro has no time to work on his mods
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:45 pm

dafrandle wrote:
N3MES1S wrote:GSB2 is not supported anymore

wait

WHAT!

link to why please

Why? i would like to know that too. But anyways, GSB2 is far inferior to GSB1 so right now and knowing that it is not developed anymore, i woudnt even bother, it really doesnt matter. In the steam forums you can find info about it too. I dont know if in the official GSB2 forums is something posted, did you check it?.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:16 pm

I realized the scenarios are way off in normal-hard difficulty and the ships were using vanilla modules... So i will upload a new update soon. I also took the opportunity to make new renders of the models, since i wasnt convinced enough with the actual ones.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:02 am

Guys , uploaded the post-final .. version of the Tau'ri.

And some final concept art about the goauld ->>

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:20 am

Model concept WIP. Cheops warship.

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:47 pm

More wip artwork.

N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:05 pm

BTW, someone knows how to add custom deployments to the galactic conquest??? i mean, is that even possible. When playing the campaing, it will be coolo to face custom races.
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stargate

Postby N3MES1S » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Finished the Goa'uld guys, expect a link pretty soon :)

On a side note... hello? is anyone out there? :p
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:57 am

N3MES1S wrote:On a side note... hello? is anyone out there? :p

I can vouch for at least one life-signs-positive individual still monitoring this forum. ;)

This is pretty amazing work. It's good to see that when I inevitably get fired up to play around with GSB some more, there are some new toys to explore. And possibly I will be able to reciprocate. If only this "real life" garbage would bugger off.
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:56 am

AcePalarum wrote:
N3MES1S wrote:On a side note... hello? is anyone out there? :p

I can vouch for at least one life-signs-positive individual still monitoring this forum. ;)

This is pretty amazing work. It's good to see that when I inevitably get fired up to play around with GSB some more, there are some new toys to explore. And possibly I will be able to reciprocate. If only this "real life" garbage would bugger off.

Well, real life was the main reason that took me away from modding almost 4 years ago.. i feel your pain. But right now, i have plenty of time (i dont know for how long..) so, for now i will keep the forum alive :) was going to upload the link to the goauld but i forgot a few things here and there.. (sigh, always the same story.. xD), so , i hope tomorrow i can upload it.

Btw, Ace if you have the opportunity to answer this -> do you know if we can add custom deployments to the galactic conquest??
AcePalarum
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby AcePalarum » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:01 am

N3MES1S wrote:Btw, Ace if you have the opportunity to answer this -> do you know if we can add custom deployments to the galactic conquest??

Wish I could be of help, but I never got the GC add-on. And I don't think I ever saw any concrete evidence one way or the other elsewhere in the forums either. :(
While my ability to succeed is finite, my capacity for failure knows no bounds.
*Basement Tinkerer and OCD Savant of the Friendly Community Mod Squad*

Mods: Matmos Rift, Antares Expanse, Great Powers Stations
darkstar076
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby darkstar076 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:57 am

Unfortunately there is no way to add in custom fleets to the Galactic Campaign.

I tried modifying a few locations and after getting nowhere I asked Cliff. Long story short, he confirmed that it was not possible and would take some recoding to make it possible

Its a pity because you could make a rather awesome map culminating into the ultimate showdown . .
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most
-=Modding Guru & Egon Spengler of the Friendly Community Mod Squad=-
N3MES1S
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby N3MES1S » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:24 pm

darkstar076 wrote:Unfortunately there is no way to add in custom fleets to the Galactic Campaign.

I tried modifying a few locations and after getting nowhere I asked Cliff. Long story short, he confirmed that it was not possible and would take some recoding to make it possible

Its a pity because you could make a rather awesome map culminating into the ultimate showdown . .

Thanks for the answer, and nice to "see" you darkstar xD. Yup, its sad. I was imaginig a campaign fighting the goa'uld or watever race i could imagine. That will give the game even more life and also an amazing way to test mods and the campaign itself. Weird, since i dont think ti will be too hard to implement that feature, since we already can make custom campaign maps and other stuff. But i guess we cant have it all.

Was going to upload the goa'uld and it turns out that for some reason i dont understand, my account on dropbox is blocked somehow. I will wait a couple of days to see if its unblocked, and if not, i will upload the mod somewhere else.

Return to “Gratuitous Modding”