Current Work In progress

bugs and support requests for gratuitous space battles. welcome to main engineering...
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: Current Work In progress

Postby cliffski » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:24 pm

The fleets are player designed, and the ships yes. But the AI decides where and when to attack or defend, and with what size fleet etc.
outlander78
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby outlander78 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Given the complexity of GSB, I would prefer player-fed designs over random ones. You can't just throw modules on a hull and pull up a winner - it would be a dead-easy game.

That said, I hope there is a way to flag, block or filter out the spammy crap some people post. I hope I never see an all-fighter challenge in the campaign - this isn't Ender's Game.
Torbk
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Torbk » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:40 am

That the ships we meet are player designed actually leaves me out of it. I would have bought it if there was an option to only face the ships that comes with each race naturally, the ones you meet in the pre-made scenarios. Or at least if I had some guarantee as to what type of ships and quality of ships I would be facing.

But just random, player designed ships? No. Not for me.
Space battles rock. Oh, any type of battle is fine by me, but space battles, they just can't be beat.
outlander78
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby outlander78 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Torbk wrote:That the ships we meet are player designed actually leaves me out of it. I would have bought it if there was an option to only face the ships that comes with each race naturally, the ones you meet in the pre-made scenarios. Or at least if I had some guarantee as to what type of ships and quality of ships I would be facing.

But just random, player designed ships? No. Not for me.

Are you sure that won't be an option? I haven't seen Cliff state that you have to use community ships, and no one else has a copy of the game yet.

Player-created ships are often harder than the stock mission ones, so my chief concern (other than spam) with community ships is their level of difficulty.
outlander78
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby outlander78 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Read Cliff's blog from today - it may change your mind:

http://positech.co.uk/cliffsblog/?p=746

Return to “Support”