Patch for Build 2.26 bought at Retail Store

Discussion of the space travel management game - Starship Tycoon
maxz1234
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby maxz1234 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:41 pm

HI,

I am here to see if I can find a patch for my retail ver. 2.26. Nice game so far. Any patches or updates would be much appreciated.

Thanks. 8)
I cut back on my drinking....more of a social drinker now.....so I make sure I socialize ALOT!!!! :)
CargoStuffer
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby CargoStuffer » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:54 pm

Hello,

i recently purchased the retail version and i was wondering if it could be patched from 224
evilrat
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby evilrat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 pm

please send me the patch (I emailed you Cliff). I'm so fed up with crashing mid mission, or tryin to load a saved game, and boom 'Hello desktop"
Face1st
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Patch for retail version 2.26

Postby Face1st » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi Cliff,

Can you email me for the patch for retail ver. 2.26 as well. Thanks.
jhaus
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby jhaus » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:27 pm

I'm so fed up with crashing mid mission, or tryin to load a saved game, and boom 'Hello desktop"

Well, me too...hey Cliff, I've also just emailed you about getting the retail version patch. Oh, and BTW this game rocks!!!
block16
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby block16 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:00 am

is it okay if I put up an animated avatar on my profile?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:57 pm

as long as itsnot too annoying
SirVorlon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby SirVorlon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:15 pm

:cry: I to have a problem with the shop bought version and would like to switch from the retail version to the download version, purely so that I can stay with the latest patches.

Cliffski, I have emailed you and will await the patched retail version.

Thanks

SirVorlon
SirVorlon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby SirVorlon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi there,

If there is any one out there that can let me know how this patch worked for them I would apprecaite it.

Thanks

SirVorlon

PS: PM with your details and we can talk.
CenturiGuy
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Retail Build 2.26

Postby CenturiGuy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:13 am

Dear Cliff,

I e-mailed you with a request for a "new and improved" version of Starship Tycoon. I'm *really* impressed with the game, and think it's *very* reminiscent of Electronic Arts' "Starflight," which I played 20 years ago. :D 8)

Keep up the *excellent* work, and good luck! :wink:

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"
atunk9
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Patch for retail version

Postby atunk9 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:14 am

Could you please email the patch also. Thank you. THe game seems fun but will not last beyond about 15 minutes of play before crashing.
aeal
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

patch

Postby aeal » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:00 am

Hi, I can't get new ships in the shipyards, CTD errors when saving/in cargo/passenger/ any screen and plain old instability. I bought the game in a shop and now I can't download the online patches for the same game that is readily availably yet can't get a patch for my version. Please send me the patch. Good work with the Kudos games and democracy. I have those too and I haven't had any problems with them. Hope to see a Starship Tycoon 2 soon too!

Edit: Also I have emailed my request for the latest patch last week but I haven't recieved a response, so I thought I'd try here.
Sind
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Sind » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:34 pm

cliffski wrote:Hi, dont worry, for complex reasons we can't do that, but if you email me at cliff AT positech.co.uk, I will sort out a fully patched full version for you. The problem is the two games are totally separate installs, but I can explain better by email.
thanks

I have also bought the retail version. The above post sounds good, however your email is not porivded in your profile. Can you give me your email address?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:13 pm

cliff AT positech dot co dot uk
DWBryan01
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Patch for Build 2.26 bought at Retail Store

Postby DWBryan01 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:34 am

:cry:
Hi there, I have been having a lot of fun with the game, but am still having some issues, The CD I bought from a guy has Starship Tycoon but also has Airport tycoon on it... the build for Starship says ver 2.26 and I have played the senerio all the way through with no problem, but in freeform/sandbox it locks up after I get a 2nd ship and sometimes even befor that, I have built several computers to try the game on.. the fastest is a 1.8ghz with a 512mg Gforce 6200 and 512 meg ram, running winxp.
Another is a P2 600 with a voodo 3 and win98 2nd edition, with 256 ram and another is a P3 750 with a mx400 vidio, 256ram, with windows Milinum and I have the same lag and lockup on each machine but ONLY in freeform and locks up quicky in a random generated map.
I had dloaded the demo and played it and wanted the game, the install put it in a demo folder, I uninstalled the demo and deleted the folder, BUT when I install it from the CD I bought it puts it back in a demo folder.
Soooooooo If I purchase the full version from you all the problems will go away?.... do you know if your game was sold in the fasion I described? or did I get snookered by a 3rd party that made this CD?
Id really like to play the game in freeform/sandbox mode for more than aprox 5 min.
I have been real lost trying to figure it out.
The CD boots on the 1st time install asking what game I want installed and has a logo of E for everyone in the intro. I tryed the airport tycoon and thought it did not have ??? well I didnt care for it at all, and bought the CD to have Starship Tycoon.
Well let me know what ya think.
Thanks
Dave

Return to “Starship Tycoon”