I need some feedback on whether I've broken anything in the upcoming version 1.61 patch.
I've uploaded a replacement .exe file here:
http://www.positech.co.uk/gratuitousspa ... review.exe
You can just drop it into the Gratuitous Space Battles folder and run it alongside the existing GSB.exe. This version expires after a few weeks, and you need the full install of the game to try it out. You will still need to do a proper 1.61 patch when it is released.
The changes are:
Code: Select all
1) Bug Fix: Drag selecting now launches ship inspector for the first selected ship, not the first ship in the fleet...ooops.
2) New feature: Support for the cruiser decoy projector module.
3) Bug Fix: AI now works differently, and less stupidly when assessing which target to move towards.
4) New feature: pulse-glow effect now supports two new variables 'min alpha' and 'max alpha'
5) Support for new two-stage missiles.
6) Bug fix: Ensuring that regardless of framerate or missile speed, missiles that would hit, will actually hit.
7) Support for new multi-point tractor beams.
8) Improved design of load-ship dialog in the design screen so it scales to fill the available space and shows (and can sort by) hull name too.
9) Support for modding plasma torpedoes to use style CUSTOM and plasma_texture = "texture.dds" for custom effects
10) Support for weapons firing from cloaked ships using the "fire_while_cloaked=1" setting
11) Reverted the Area-of-effect code so it only happens on hits, not misses, as requested.
12) Added support for modded music.
13) Fixed obscure timing issue where when at 4x speed and a low FPS, theoretically some very-rapid fire weapons may have been 'dropping' shots. Game now supports multiple shots per frame.
14) Removed now redundant 'internet news' dialog.
15) Stats summary screen now closes properly when exiting the stats screen without closing it.
Some of that stuff is for the outcasts, but there are AI and other changes that I want to be sure work ok, and modders can play with some of the new toys too. All feedback much appreciated.