Diary of a Space Tyrant

Discussion of the space strategy game where you design ships, issue orders to your fleet, then play hands-off battles against human or AI designed enemies.
Praetors
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Diary of a Space Tyrant

Postby Praetors » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Praetorian Industries Arbalest Cannons already got nerfed for v1.2b. However, the Target Dummy Ship Multitech AI Virus will not get any changes, except maybe to make it a bit more expensive.
The reason of this is that the "perma EMP" gets a random charge at the start of the battle, wich most of the time is ZERO charge, wich is good, cuz the posibilities of gettin blowed up before ever shotting that EMP are HIGH, specially in small maps. All of this compensating the fact of disabling an enemy for a really looong time. I dont like to say that is permanent since i disabled a leviathan in the "Survival - Against All Odds" but it lived long enough to get back in to battle... wich was, impressive.
PI: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698
TP: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6928
TG: positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7659

Engineer of the Friendly Community Mod Squad.
Redd13
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Re: Diary of a Space Tyrant

Postby Redd13 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:38 am

Praetors wrote:Praetorian Industries Arbalest Cannons already got nerfed for v1.2b. However, the Target Dummy Ship Multitech AI Virus will not get any changes, except maybe to make it a bit more expensive.
The reason of this is that the "perma EMP" gets a random charge at the start of the battle, wich most of the time is ZERO charge, wich is good, cuz the posibilities of gettin blowed up before ever shotting that EMP are HIGH, specially in small maps. All of this compensating the fact of disabling an enemy for a really looong time. I dont like to say that is permanent since i disabled a leviathan in the "Survival - Against All Odds" but it lived long enough to get back in to battle... wich was, impressive.

I've yet to download the new version, so I hadn't seen the balancing (not nerfing ;-)) done on the cannons.

Also, with the AI virus, there's several ways to defend against it: target frigates first, have frigate hunting fighters, EMP shield etc etc. All of which means that in these battles, though occasionally the EMP effect got through, it was rarely a battle changing event. Useful? Yes. Utterly decisive? No.

Return to “Gratuitous Space Battles”