Kemp wrote:This looks interesting, it'll definitely add some variety to people's lives. I'd be interested to hear about the first "unwinnable" galaxy it creates :-)
Randomization and fine game balance rarely meet up.
Anyway, I decided to add the customization features this way:
- Starting money, crew, pilots
- Factory probability on planets (0-100%) + chance of small/large factory
- Academy probability on planets (0-100%) + chance of small/large academy
- Production probability on planets (0-100%) + chance of A Shipyard/B Shipyard/Repair facility
- Enemy fleet value From-To
- Icon size scale to fleet value
- Probability of fighter/frigat/cruiser inhibition (0-100%) a planet like that will most likely come with a shipyard to make sure you don't end up with an unaccessable area.
- Probability of various hostile planetary effects (0-100%)
- number of long range wormholes: create a few pathways between very distant planets
Finally, save settings as and save campaign as feature.
And just for fun, a little app that may introduce galaxy changes. Like pop a factory here, scrap a shipyard there, clear up radiation here, prohibit cruiser movement there. The only problem is that GSB has to be restarted to have the changes take effect.
I wish there was a command or button in GSB to "Reload assets".