New game? Design individual ships to compete vs other players' individual ships a la Starfleet Battles?

Discuss our other games, or the independent gaming scene in general. no spam plz :D
California Bill
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

New game? Design individual ships to compete vs other players' individual ships a la Starfleet Battles?

Postby California Bill » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:36 am

cliffski wrote:
Starbase attack was always fun in Starfleet Battles, I'd love to work it into GSB.

Yes. Starfleet Battles!

Any thoughts on a game that allows players to design their space ships? But instead of designing entire fleets, they players design one ship (or smaller ships, depending on the points allowed for the encounter).

Then, the players go head-to-head with other players (or AI), maneuvering and firing their weapons.

Similar to Starfleet Battles by Erik Bethke's group at Taldren.
RupertIntin
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: New game? Design individual ships to compete vs other players' individual ships a la Starfleet Battles?

Postby RupertIntin » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:19 pm

Customization in any game tends to cater to a wide variety of players I think. Can't go wrong with it.
Archduke Astro
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Re: New game? Design individual ships to compete vs other players' individual ships a la Star Fleet Battles?

Postby Archduke Astro » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:59 am

California Bill wrote:Similar to Starfleet Battles by Erik Bethke's group at Taldren.

I think you meant to say "Steven V. Cole and his company Amarillo Design Bureau (and prior to that, Task Force Games)". ;)

ADB's tabletop, pencil-and-paper, face-to-face battle simulation predated the short-lived Windows PC adaptation by two decades (1979 vs 1999).
•• Positech GLOBAL MODERATOR & Forum Sheriff ••
GSB "Combined-Arms Combat" Advocate & Analyst
Enemy of Crap-posting | Defender of Faction Diversity

∞∆……CURATOR OF CREATIVE CONCEPTS for GSB's Friendly Community Mod Squad……∆∞

Return to “General Discussion”