Hello???. . . *echo*

Discussion of modding the game 'Kudos 2'
1337.Taco.Master
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Hello???. . . *echo*

Postby 1337.Taco.Master » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:25 am

Just got this game and was having fun with it. Then I found out I could easily mod it. WOW! have I got ideas.

Anyway, I have a question as to whether it's possible (by modding the text files) to make new assets that have a chance to prevent mugging/burglary. I've been digging but I can't seem to find what I would need to add to make this possible.

thank you
sambrookjm
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: Hello???. . . *echo*

Postby sambrookjm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

1337.Taco.Master wrote:Just got this game and was having fun with it. Then I found out I could easily mod it. WOW! have I got ideas.

Anyway, I have a question as to whether it's possible (by modding the text files) to make new assets that have a chance to prevent mugging/burglary. I've been digging but I can't seem to find what I would need to add to make this possible.

thank you

I think a dog will help prevent burglary in your house. If you learn kung fu or kickboxing, you will be able to kick the mugger's butt when they try to attack you.
I think I've had this deja vu before.
1337.Taco.Master
Junior Line Supervisor
Junior Line Supervisor

Postby 1337.Taco.Master » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 am

Yeah, I know that. What I want to do is create another item (like a gun) that would also do the same thing as the kung fu classes; i.e. you'd carry it with you and use it to stop muggers. I was just wondering if it was possible.
SomeGuyInABikini
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby SomeGuyInABikini » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 am

Belated response here, but I've been working on a mod and hunted around for this exact thing. In my mod I wanted to change the skill required to avoid muggings, but I couldn't find it. It seems it's "kungfu" at 100% that allows your to defeat the mugger and is hardcoded to "kungfu". If you removed the kung fu skill and added a kung fu 'item' to the assets you might achieve the same result, sans the kung fu skill.

SomeGuyInABikini, with a few new ideas of his own

Return to “Kudos 2 Modding”