Instructions on translate

Discussion of the newest version of the game
HerrPaulchen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Instructions on translate

Postby HerrPaulchen » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi! I am a big fan of the game, "Democracy 2". My native language - Russian. I do not believe that this game will be in Russian. Please give me instructions on translate of "Democracy 2" (which file, how)?
Stakhanovist
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby Stakhanovist » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi,

I think the data base is very smooth for translate everything...
I speak french and i m a fan too of this game... So I almost translated 90% of the game in... French !
Every policies, pressure etc. The most thing important, translated !

How is it works ?

- open files like : STRING with WORDPAD... and the most thing with "" is good for translate
in the folder Simulation, you have big documents... Voters, Policies etc., you need to change a lot of things to your native language :)

Be carefull, take time to save the original text somewhere... the first attempt of translating is not everytime perfect lol ( some bug can crash the game if you touch bad things)

If you need some help i could give you more informations !
HerrPaulchen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby HerrPaulchen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I need help.I am now working on the file: \Democracy2\data\simulation\Policies.csv
Any change of the file results in the failure of the game. In what version Excel created this file? My program Excel 2003 version.
HerrPaulchen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby HerrPaulchen » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Second question:
how to make sure that you can see Russian font? Russian font is displayed erratic characters.
User avatar
jeffryfisher
Type III Robot
Type III Robot
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby jeffryfisher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:53 pm

HerrPaulchen wrote:Yes, I need help.I am now working on the file: \Democracy2\data\simulation\Policies.csv
Any change of the file results in the failure of the game. In what version Excel created this file? My program Excel 2003 version.


I couldn't save usable CSV files from Excel. It didn't save the CSV file precisely the same way that it was written (and expected by the game). I can't remember what Excel did wrong, but it may have insisted on double-quoting strings where the game can not tolerate double-quotes. I just remember that I couldn't coerce Excel to do it right, not even when saving as a CSV.

You might use Excel to read read-only copies of CSV files more easily, but you should do all of your editing using a plain text editor on a separate working copy.
Stakhanovist
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby Stakhanovist » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:14 pm

HerrPaulchen wrote:Thanks for the answer!
Yes, I need help.I am now working on the file: \Democracy2\data\simulation\Policies.csv
Any change of the file results in the failure of the game. In what version Excel created this file? My program Excel 2003 version.



Don't open it with EXCEL... it was my first error...
OPEn and EDIT with a NOTEPAD !!!
Stakhanovist
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby Stakhanovist » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:17 pm

HerrPaulchen wrote:Second question:
how to make sure that you can see Russian font? Russian font is displayed erratic characters.


difficult for me to answer...
It will be a question for the Programmer, i don't no if the program support Russian Font (also Chinese Font etc.) ... :s
HerrPaulchen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby HerrPaulchen » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you all for your answers!
There was one, and most important, problem: fonts.Perhaps you did not come across this (Latin font you), but we did not see Cyrillic font.
In which folder or which file that you need to change or add to the game, new fonts?
Stakhanovist
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: Instructions on translate

Postby Stakhanovist » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:21 pm

HerrPaulchen wrote:Thank you all for your answers!
There was one, and most important, problem: fonts.Perhaps you did not come across this (Latin font you), but we did not see Cyrillic font.
In which folder or which file that you need to change or add to the game, new fonts?


Don t know...
But for the fonts try to write to Cliffski...

Return to “Democracy 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests