Steam

Discussion of the newest version of the game
nelson.menezes
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Steam

Postby nelson.menezes » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am

Now that Democracy 2 is on Steam, will existing owners get a Steam key for the game? <grin>
karmaepsilon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Re: Steam

Postby karmaepsilon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Not sure if that'll matter if the Steam version keeps auto-crashing every time you try to start a new game or click "how to play"
grantcs
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby grantcs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Yeah, i just bought the Steam version and it keeps crashes after i click a button in the game. This is annoying. No one has figured out how to fix this?
karmaepsilon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby karmaepsilon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm

Things I have tried: updating it, reinstalling it, restarting my comp, updating my comp, checking the paths in the app, and verifying the game cache/files. I'm a little at a loss now.
grantcs
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby grantcs » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:14 pm

I tried those things as well. I emailed Steam. Doubt they ill respond anytime soon.
karmaepsilon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby karmaepsilon » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:42 pm

grantcs wrote:I tried those things as well. I emailed Steam. Doubt they ill respond anytime soon.

Steam usually won't take responsibility for their hostings/ports of "third party software" going bad :/ They didn't take responsibility when I had that issue with The Witcher so I had to go on forums and such and FINALLY someone had come up with a Wineskin fix that worked. If there's a file or something that needs tweaking I'd be able to find it and fix it, but I'd have to know what the fix IS like how I managed to fix my Crusader Kings II.
justtysen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby justtysen » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:33 pm

I too got the Steam version (for use on Mac) and am experiencing the same problem. Is there any consensus on what can be done? I just emailed Red Marble Games about a fix or getting the standalone version, but perhaps I should have contacted cliffski?

Anyway just wondering if anybody will take responsibility for this apparent problem.
justtysen
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby justtysen » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:53 am

Got a reply from Red Marble Games. They said they are working on the problem and gave me a standalone version.
Nice guys.
karmaepsilon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby karmaepsilon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 am

Well if they don't fix it in the next few days I guess I'll e-mail them and try to get the standalone. I have other stuff to play in the meantime so I don't want to bug them for no reason. Nice to know they're working on it though.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm

AFAIK there is a fix, and we are just triple checking it works on every test machine we have before rolling it out...
pr0x
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby pr0x » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:47 pm

bought steam version and also had black screen/crash when selecting "how to play" or new game...

after some google-fu i stumbled upon a solution from 2010 or something which i gave a try and it FIXED the problem for me

try this:
    locate the CONFIG.MUF in your ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Democracy 2\data folder
    open with texteditor (eg. notepad)
    change the line ForceFallback=1 to ForceFallback=0 and save the file

...also i had to change from fullscreen to windowed-mode because of weird mouse lag

now I really enjoy the game =)
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm

All mac versions bought through steam should now be working fine. Sorry about all that :D
shenzi
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby shenzi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:59 pm

nelson.menezes wrote:Now that Democracy 2 is on Steam, will existing owners get a Steam key for the game? <grin>

Yes/no?
Alencon
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Alencon » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 am

pr0x wrote:bought steam version and also had black screen/crash when selecting "how to play" or new game...

after some google-fu i stumbled upon a solution from 2010 or something which i gave a try and it FIXED the problem for me

try this:
    locate the CONFIG.MUF in your ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Democracy 2\data folder
    open with texteditor (eg. notepad)
    change the line ForceFallback=1 to ForceFallback=0 and save the file

...also i had to change from fullscreen to windowed-mode because of weird mouse lag

now I really enjoy the game =)

Bravo pr0x, this appears to have worked for me as well. Thank you very much (by the way it's 12/26/12 and this problem still exists).
venomousflower
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby venomousflower » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:55 pm

I tried the above, and it still doesn't work for me. :(

Return to “Democracy 2”