ON SALE NOW

Discussion of the newest version of the game
Rissen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Re: ON SALE NOW

Postby Rissen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:03 pm

If Cliffski dies, I don't think he'll give a damn about the game or us anymore :lol:
Zild
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby Zild » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:58 pm

Best not give us too much incentive to see Cliffski come to harm...

Cliffski, maybe you ought to tell your friend to destroy the source code, should you die of anything other than natural causes! :mrgreen:
hardy24
Type II Robot
Type II Robot

Postby hardy24 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:12 pm

Cliff, any news on the Mac version???, just a general eta would be great, are we talking mid january or september 08?
Bukharin
Line Supervisor
Line Supervisor

Postby Bukharin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Yes, let's avoid the subject of death... I'm just as morbid as the rest of you, but you never talk about lightning when you are standing under a large tree in a fierce storm, do you? :shock:

Anyway, it's out! This calls for a celebration in the manner of our internet-based culture, my friends! Let's worship at the altar of Democracy and drink the Ambrosia of Politics! :mrgreen:
sammytsang

Postby sammytsang » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:33 am

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/~r331538/Democracy/

when will Democracy 2 be out in the shops?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:01 am

Under discussion now, but no dates as of yet.
breeves
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby breeves » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 pm

Wow, I bought ver 1 last year and liked it. I tried the demo for v2 and loved it!!!

Sadly, I no longer can do online activations as a rule due to several past product "losses".

I still play games I have had for over 5 years and am finding that some will not activate any longer.

I realize you don't plan on going anywhere, but life has its surprises and the best intentions are not iron clad.

Lets say you wil the lotto and get a few hundred milllion. You close up shop and go to Tahiti and live 'appily evere 'after.

I am still out 25 bucks.

Regards

ps. I buy a ton of Matrix games. They don't appear to be going under.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:41 pm

I've been around since 1997. Also, I'll eventually release a patch that removes the activation. I urge you to reconsider your stance on online activations. Sadly, pretty much all games will end up working this way, due to piracy :(
breeves
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby breeves » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 am

I've been doing allright with alternatives.

What would be cool though is if programs with activations could reliable sense that they were a couple of years old and automatically deactivate the protection so that when they are considered too old, or more likely cracked by then.

We are all in the soup since pirates force unacceptable costs on you as well as me. The field of economics teaches that higher costs mean lower demand. That is why the gaming market has collapsed for the small developers. You can't sell it without hassling (a form of cost) the customer, and a percentage of customers drop out of the market from the hassles. Small developers need all they can get.

Matrix is the only distributer I buy from anymore. Their selection is limited, but I enjoy what I can get from them. And I know that they will still run a couple of years from now regardless on how many computers I have bought since then. I replace my systems every 6 months due to job.

I am not blaming anyone here, just airing my viewpoint. As a software developer, I do understand all points of view concerning protection. Its just a sad fact of life.

Regards.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:30 am

I like matrix games because they sell niche stuff, and heck, they sell Democracy 1 now, but my big big beef I have with their system is that generally they do not offer demos. Buying a game and worrying it won't work in 2 years is one thing, but buying a niche game based on screen shots is another. They really need to offer demos :(
Henk
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Henk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:48 pm

Dear sir, you do work fast!

I bought the Democracy 1 game just in november after I read on this forum that the new version would not come for a long time (although I can't quite find where I saw this..) but it apparently did and that is in a way a pity for me. :(

At this moment, I don't have a lot of money. I guess I'll go try the Democracy 2 demo then..

If I could get a discount on the sequel (since it has only been two months) I would be very happy :D
(I still have the mail with download link as proof of my purchase, ofcourse)

If not, I can imagine you need the money and I support the good cause of independent game-production, for you make very special games.

Anyway; keep up the good work, only not too fast ;-)
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:48 pm

I'll try and work slower :D
Zwansch
Junior Line Worker
Junior Line Worker

Postby Zwansch » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

Good evening.

Thanks for this great game! I bought it off your site on Sunday and did play it until now in all my free time. It is comparable to CivIV in its complexity, but it is a bit different.

Sincerely,

Christoph
Delirium
Senior Line Worker
Senior Line Worker

Postby Delirium » Fri May 16, 2008 10:11 am

Awesome game cliffski!

Last year I looked at the original democracy, but the demo wouldn't work on my computer so I ignored it. After searching for information about the upcoming game "Political Machine 2008" I stumbled onto your site again and was surprised to see a sequel! I've been really enjoying the game, it's so rare to find a game that fully indulges my political nerdiness. I hope you do really well and work on more sequels, it's rare to find a developer (independent or not) willing to make a game out of politics.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri May 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Cheers!

Return to “Democracy 2”