beta test feedback

Discussion of the newest version of the game
frost_maze
Line Manager
Line Manager

Postby frost_maze » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:16 pm

This is not a bug but a complaint. ZAMBEEZIA IS IMPOSSIBLE. >.<

I've only managed to get elected when I set the term length to 5 years. With 4 years, I've lost every time. And that's at least 20. And I'm not even gonna try 3 years.

/end rant
procyonone
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby procyonone » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:17 pm

Played another game, chose Malaganga, the countries sound like African states. I didn't adjust the advanced options but i was very happy with the amount of options available. Loads of situations to sort out and wow, look at the new layout, excellent. Lots of icons, spent some time scanning them.

Looked at the Encyclopedia, think i spelled it right, because on the game it was spelt Encylopedia, which is correct? All the text was messed up all over the screen with numerous spaces and omissions. The new policy screen is well laid out and clear and i think the minister graphics are excellent for an independent game.

Played through the first term and managed to just get re-elected although i did not increase the difficulty so i don't think it will be easy on a higher level. After the election, the quarterly report stated that the election was drawing near even though i had just won it. Didn't find any major bugs on this play through although i will be trying the new version next.
Rissen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rissen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Major error alert!

The latest version of the game won't start a new game.

When I press 'start', it just reloads that page.
procyonone
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby procyonone » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:26 pm

Major error alert!

The latest version of the game won't start a new game.

When I press 'start', it just reloads that page.

I have the same problem, clicking 'start' doesn't load the game. I attempted to load a previously saved game and that crashed the game.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:00 pm

eek ill investigate
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:04 pm

did you install to a fresh clean directory? My tests show it works here, yet crashes when you click on a voter group :D I'm fixing that now, I'll post here when I've updated it.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:18 pm

try grabbing the file again, i just updated it...
Rissen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rissen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Still doesn't seem to have changed.
procyonone
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby procyonone » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:38 pm

I re-downloaded the file and briefly tested. Game still does not load after selecting 'start' button in new game screen. Also, if you click 'how to play', that doesn't work and if you select 'new game' the tutorial hints appear on the select a country screen. How do i upload images so you can see?
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:21 pm

this is so weird. i will have to investigate over the weekend. Typically, the damned thing works fine here ;( Have you installed this new version to a new location to make sure your are running the right one?
I've tried it on vista and xp and it seems to be running ok. does the start menu button not even highlight with mouseover?

cheers for your help.
Rissen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rissen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:40 pm

I now have several copies all over my PC - none of them work apart from the original.

The game itself loads up fine, but playing a country doesn't work. After selecting the country, you are taken to a new screen, and when you click on 'start' it flashes as if changing to another screen but it doesn't do anything.
Corylea
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby Corylea » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:48 pm

I've noticed a couple of minor glitches:

Several of the "hint" boxes can't be gotten rid of by clicking on the X until the thing they're hinting about is gone. But there are times when the hint box covers up part of the thing it's hinting about. For example, the first time I had a dilemma, the hint box covered all of the second option.

After the first election, the box you get when you click on the "promises made to the electorate" icon shows the progress of the promise, but not what the promise IS. So, it just says things like

Up 1%
Down 2%

WHAT'S up? What's down?
Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games. Film at 11.
Corylea
Type III Robot
Type III Robot

Postby Corylea » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:50 pm

procyonone wrote:I re-downloaded the file and briefly tested. Game still does not load after selecting 'start' button in new game screen. Also, if you click 'how to play', that doesn't work and if you select 'new game' the tutorial hints appear on the select a country screen. How do i upload images so you can see?

Print screen. Upload that image to a free image-hosting site, like Photobucket. Photobucket will give you a link, and you can put that link in your post.
Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games. Film at 11.
cliffski
Positech Staff
Positech Staff

Postby cliffski » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:53 pm

corylea are you running the newer version? i think you are, because I think the hint dialog bug is new. do you have vista? and i presume you can start games ok? does the game exit ok and launch the survey?

I'm so glad i'm doing a proper beta to fix all this stuff this time...
Rissen
Supreme Robot
Supreme Robot

Postby Rissen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:03 am

The hint dialogue bug isn't new. Guess I must have forgotten to mention that.

I'm running XP by the way.

Return to “Democracy 2”