March 31, 2015 | Filed under: gratuitous space battles | gsb2005
Soooo…Behold, its patch day for you lucky people who are currently enjoying space battles of a gratuitous nature. The latest patch has numerous exciting changes, here are some of the big ones:
1) Added remaining medium and hard deployments.
2) Lots of balance tweaks.
3) Total conversion mod support: Base game can now be disabled under mods.
4) Added default ship designs for the Yootan hulls.
5) Expert mode high scores for all applicable missions now get tracked online.
6) Retaliation challenges will now work correctly.
7) Added a bunch of new module graphics for some of the variations.
8) Added 10 New complex ship hull components for the terrans.
9) Some new explosion particle effects added.
Plus there are lots of behind-the-scenes bug fixes and a few optimizations, some of which came from making that rendering video I posted about.
So what is still left to do? well not much. The big ones are:
Get Linux & Mac Ports finished.
Get Final Text for all the supported languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish, Dutch).
Some final bug fixing and polishing, and optimizing for crappy laptops!
The release trailer!
In the meantime here is a frankly stupidly big screenshot…
Don’t forget you get a steam key if you get the game (it wont work yet) and if you want, you can start playing the beta right now, just click below :D