Ok, so it’s finally here!

Gratuitous Tank Battles, my latest  game, is finally open for pre-orders, and everyone who pre-orders the game gets an immediate download link for the current beta build of the game. Essentially it’s for sale now, you can just expect it to be updated a few times before I declare it finally released!

If you aren’t sure what game I’m on about allow me to show you the beta-release video trailer!:

If you like that trailer, please,please vote it up, or tweet it or +1 it, or whatever the cool kids do these days. Feel free to tattoo ‘I Love Gratuitous Tank Battles’ On your head and run through the streets. Or failing that, just tell some friends about the game :D.

Currently the game is only available to buy direct from little-old-me, but phear not. You get a download link that should last forever (email me if it ever dies), and as a special 2012 bonus, you will get steam-keys when the game is released on steam later on (when it’s out of beta). I have no doubt it will be released on other portals too.

Get it here:

Be aware that this is a BETA game. That means not 100% polished, not 100% balanced, not 100% optimised. It *may* have some technical issues on some PC’s (although I suspect not), and it may need some balancing and gameplay tweaking before final release. If you are wary of buying beta games, then just enjoy the video and wait a while :D.

Whatever your thoughts, share them here in the comments, or at the GTB forums over at:

This game feels like its taken a billion lines of code and a hundred years to make. I am so badly in need of a day off. Hopefully, people will like it, and it will have been worth it. Enjoy!

22 Responses to “Gratuitous Tank Battles Available for pre-order/Beta NOW!”

1. Cap'n Lee says:

congratulations, bought

2. David Amador says:

And before anyone starts the “oh this is too pricy shit” THIS is the average price Indie Games should have.

Congrats Cliff

3. Xietanu says:

I have been waiting for this for a while, and am very much looking forward to playing/giving feedback. Bought, and currently downloading. The Steam key thing is nice as well, I appreciate that.

4. Iain says:

Nice one Cliff!

Will definitely be grabbing this!
    Tweeted and shared on Fb :-)

Iain

5. […] RTS/sim/tower-defense game Gratuitous Tank Battles is now available, even though it’s not entirely complete. The just-this-moment released beta can be yours if […]

6. Rob Harvey says:

Congratulations on getting to the finish line, it’s been really interesting following the development of this game on your blog. Bought.

7. BubuIIC says:

On the checkout site it says: “Also buy Gratuitous Tank Battles as a gift for a friend for 50% off!”
    This would be really cool, but when I click on the link I end up with two full price copies… So how is this supposed to work?

Eeek, I’ll get the payment company to sort that out!

9. Andrej Vojtas says:

Congratulations, this really looks like your best game ever. I wish you best of luck with it.

10. Lukas Rieder says:

Unfortunately it’s windows only. I’d buy it immediately if available for Mac.

11. BubuIIC says:

Nice, now the discount works!

12. Niall says:

Instant buy! :D
    Looking forward to playing it!

13. […] head over to the official site to do so. Cliffski – the one man band behind the game – says that if you purchase the game now then you’ll get a download link that will last forever and […]

14. Raiden says:

sweet, will be buying this next paycheck!

15. Ikoth says:

Bought! (and the announcement posted on FB).

Congrats Cliff, I hope it’s a HUGE hit.

16. 0kult13 says:

Bought, ranked up a few battles last night really like it, love that the map looks like a battle has been fought at the end. imho this is going to have way deeper stratigy than gsb. One thing i would love as defender is not being able to build anywhere once the battle had started. but rather when i lose ground i lose the ability to build behind the attacking forces. imho it would add nicely to the desperation of the defender. Still top game well worth the £ many a hour will be spent here.

17. Teal says:

:) Just bought, will be downloading in a few minutes. :) Good Luck Cliff! It looks very cool, am hoping its a hit for you!

Take care,
    -Teal

18. Weedy says:

Not related to Pre-orders/beta but you may want to listen to what X has to say:

I’ll get back to this topic now. :)

YES I’ll pre-order immediatelly!

19. fishOnDrugs says:

Congratualtions Cliff!

Instant buy, have been waiting long time for this :)

20. Igor Savin says:

How sales have been so far?

21. Dyers Eve says:

I feel like the brave preorder guys who are helping you beta test should get a $1-2 discount or some preorder bonus or something.

The video trailer is pretty convincing but I am waiting for the demo. Is there an ETA on a demo?

It looks like you can order your troops during the battle to some extent but it isn’t very clear. When I showed GSB to my friends the biggest complaint was that you couldn’t do anything during the battle and that sucked so if that has changed it should be great.

yes there is in-battle control to the extent of placing units, deconstructing units and setting preferred paths and targets for units.